Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Subliminal Self Improvement


Researchers have found the first physiological evidence that invisible subliminal images do attract the brain’s attention on a subconscious level. The wider implication for the study, published in Current Biology, is that techniques such as subliminal advertising, now banned in the UK but still legal in the USA, certainly do leave their mark on the brain.-Cognitive Neuroscience University College London

I've always been a fan of Subliminal Tapes and their modern day cousins subliminal mp3s and Subliminal CDs. And while I have not learned French in my sleep or improved my vocabulary without really trying, I have had a lot of fun over the years listening to subliminal tracks.

Subliminal Tapes and CD's Self Improvement is the most recent subliminal company that I have run across and I have been giving their track Sharpen Mind a listen. The basic ambient sound of Sharpened Mind is that of water running down a drain in an echoy fashion with a number of harmonic tones fading in and out. They have a couple of other ambient sounds if you don't like the sound of water. As with most subliminal CDs there is the soft whispering going on in the background of voices that can't quite be heard. The point of the ambient sound is to keep your mind off the voices, as subliminal tapes tend to work better if they are not actively listened to by the conscious mind.

The Sharpened Mind track sounds good and clear, it is not uncommon to find subliminal CDs that need to spend some quality time with a good sound engineer. Subliminal tapes and CD's Self Improvement must have a good engineer on staff as the sound is perfect.

Reviewing a subliminal track is a bit harder than reviewing, say, a binaural track-where the results of listening are more immediate. Subliminal CDs are meant, for the most part, to be cumulative in nature. Subliminal Tapes and CD's Self Improvement recommends that you listen twice a day for about two weeks before you should expect any marked results from your subliminal programming. I tend to listen once in the morning and once at night. I will see if any new habits pop up that I didn't have seen before. Subliminal tapes are often made fun of for Subliminal Weight Loss or Subliminal Vocabulary Building, and I have never tried Subliminal CDs for those kinds of results. I've always been a self help junkie and subliminal tapes have been one of my favorite tools. Subliminal success is possible.

Since I still a work in progress, I am always looking for that next subliminal message tape that may the be the one that puts me over the top. I have been beginning work on writing a new novel and plan to do the bulk of the work during NaNoWriMo-but I was inspired to get an early start and rough out a few ideas yesterday. Was this the result of listening to Subliminal Tapes and CDs Self Improvement's Sharpen Mind track? I don't know. Is Sharpen Mind the subliminal self help that will work for me? Only time will tell.

Subliminal Tapes and CD's Self Improvement has a wide array of track to choose from. They have topics such as Sex, Health, Achieve Goals, Stress, Brain Power and Bad Habits. They also have custom subliminal tapes or cds. You can get subliminal cds to help with your studies or whatever else you might need to remember.

No comments: