Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Beatles Best Band Ever-According to Oasis Guitarist

The Beatles getting the nod as the best band of all time if kind of fun. That it comes from Oasis songwriter/guitarist Noel Gallagher is great-seeing as Oasis is the best band of all time according NME. These are more people that think Radiohead is among the top ten bands of all time, which pretty much baffles me. But I will cast my vote for The Beatles being the Best Band of All Time.

The rest of the lists are kind of up for grabs as far as I'm concerned. And it should be noted that The Beatles are on the move up and might overtake Oasis one of these days.

For example I had never heard the name of The LA's-of There She Goes Again fame-a song I liked much better when preformed by Sixpence None The Richer. And The Specials? Well, I never heard of them at all. But then ska was never really my thing.

The Rolling Stones still have some London clout as well, since London's Victoria and Albert Museum announced Tuesday that it bought the original artwork for The Rolling Stones' famous "lips" logo for £51,375. The Brits are all great, but I might have been tempted to put The Ramones in there instead of The Specials.

Noel Gallagher’s Top 10 Bands of All Time

1. The Beatles
2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Who
4. Sex Pistols
5. The Kinks
6. The La's
7. Pink Floyd
8. The Bee Gees
9. The Specials
10. (Peter Green's) Fleetwood Mac

NME Readers' Top Ten Best Bands of All Time

1. Oasis
2. The Beatles
3. Nirvana
4. Led Zeppelin
5. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
6. The Rolling Stones
7. The Who
8. The Clash
9. Radiohead
10. Pink Floyd

No comments: