Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Creme de Menthe Altoids

The history of Altoids dates back to the reign of King George III. The brand was created by London-based Smith & Company in the 1780s but eventually became part of the Callard & Bowser company in the 1800s.

I've been a fan of Altoids for a long time. My favorite flavor is the Liquorice, but I like to try new flavors as I find them. The Altoids Creme de Menthe is as potent as any other Altoids and the flavor is good and refreshing. It has a bit of a bite, and that's what you want from an Altoids.

I like the box design for the Altoids Creme de Menthe mints with it's sort of Victorian flares at the corners and the bright lime green background. As with all Altoids I like these are best when fresh and crushed between the molars. A friend of mine will eat the contents of an entire Altoids tin in a day. I like to take them a little bit slower than that.

I'm also fond of the Altoids website, though to be honest there is only so much silliness I can take at one time. I like the collection of ads featuring all kinds of odd things such as the robot from Lost in Space. The Altoids website is fun for a short visit, but I think they are really trying too hard.

The Altoids Creme de Menthe is good, but it won't be replacing Liquorice as my favorite.

No comments: