Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cat Power Covers David Bowie fo Lincoln Ad


David Bowie has always been one of my favorite really odd performers. I've always admired someone that put an album out every year, whether he needed to or not. And lets be honest, there were a lot that he didn't need to. But the one or two tracks that were good, well, they were really good. David Bowie was born in London and London Boy is a collection of some of his earlier works.

Cat Power is not from London, they are from Miami. But their cover of David Bowie's Space Oddity is really well done. The new Lincoln commercial has only a snippet of the song and I have not found the full single anywhere, if there is a full single. I don't know if they are running this in London, I don't even know if they sell Lincolns in the U.K., but I like the song and thought I would share it here.




No comments: